Hanover Veterinary Hospital is the original veterinary hospital in Hanover, PA. It was opened in 1941 by Dr. Arthur William Patterson who primarily saw large animals and the horses at Hanover Shoe Farms.
At that time, the house was a residence and the practice was located in the carriage barn in the back. Dr. Burnell Hoke Grim worked with Dr. Patterson, who then took over as owner in 1961.
The small animal caseload grew large enough to move the practice to the first floor of the main house. Cecelia Grim Sarbaugh took over from her father after she graduated from vet school in 1977.
In the 80s, an addition was added to include kennels in the building. Dr. Carolyn Cline purchased the practice from Dr. Sarbaugh’s estate in 1999. Dr. Jennifer Mosier then purchased the practice in 2022.
Dr. Arthur Patterson
Dr. Cecelia Sarbaugh